‘Lethal Weapon’ star Danny Glover says US should ‘abolish guns’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He keeps saying, "We need to find some sort of way to get along."

Yeah, I think we've been trying to do that since the beginning of the creation of mankind.

My guess is that the violent movies he promotes don't exactly do that.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did people start to think that actors have any sort of political or philosophical wisdom that is noteworthy?

I've been saying that for years. They think they are all knowing because of their "yes men". Everyone around them tells them they are right because they don't want the handouts to stop. If your friends are on your payroll, they aren't really your friends.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mlk owned firearms and applied for a concealed carry permit
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/adam-winkler/mlk-and-his-guns_b_810132.html
info from the huffingtonpost no less

Was just getting ready to post this - for those who bash Martin Luther King Jr. think again - he was very pro-gun and did in fact apply for a concealed carry permit (and had armed guards surrouding his home when his permit was denied).

MLK believed in equal rights and protection of those rights.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/

Civil-rights activists, even those committed to nonviolent resistance, had long appreciated the value of guns for self-protection. Martin Luther King Jr. applied for a permit to carry a concealed firearm in 1956, after his house was bombed. His application was denied, but from then on, armed supporters guarded his home. One adviser, Glenn Smiley, described the King home as “an arsenal.” William Worthy, a black reporter who covered the civil-rights movement, almost sat on a loaded gun in a living-room armchair during a visit to King’s parsonage.

M2145

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i am so turned off from watching these "action" movies anymore, (except maybe mel gibson and bruce willis)...because i know the person playing it is a screaming left wing radical elitist goose stepping fascist who would take away my rights in a heartbeat.

:)

bruce willis is pro gun.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and offer to give the dumb b*tt an opportunity for penance for all his past sins of starring in movies that featured violence and guns. All he has to do is donate all his royalties and salary for those kinds of movies to me. I can come up with a long list of worthy charities to which I could then donate that money. (Starting with the "Terry Miller Home Defense Fund" for an AR-15 and a nice 1911.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom