1 in 6 Kids in the U.S. are Hungry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Poor/Rich thread got me thinking of the recent headlines of 1 in 6 kids going hungry in the U.S. That's really hard for me to believe. I just gotta believe this is some B.S. thing invented somewhere to grab headlines or promote some bored rich person's "cause". I mean, who here would turn a kid away that said he was hungry? What statistics are they using? I'm sure it must happen but to believe it's 1 in 6 is just unthinkable. If this is happening this day in age, in the U.S., it has to be the fault of the care-giver (drugs, pride, etc). Many programs exist already to ensure this doesn't happen, especially to kids. What say you?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a link? I'd wonder how they defined "hungry" given the rising incidence of obesity in Americans today.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is happening this day in age, in the U.S., it has to be the fault of the care-giver (drugs, pride, etc).

Uhhh, you mean people spawn offspring without the means and desire to care for them? Happens EVERY. DAMN. DAY.

I think you should check out some more resources. For example, http://feedingamerica.org/how-we-fi...d-services/child-hunger/backpack-program.aspx This is a very real problem and there are people with programs trying to help.

Also just because "programs exist" does not mean all children have access to them.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a link? I'd wonder how they defined "hungry" given the rising incidence of obesity in Americans today.

Just Google it, it's all over the Interweb out there. It's the Wally World commercial that got me thinking of it lately, but I've heard it before.

And your reaction is exactly what I was thinking!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With 47 million people on food stamps being a tad less than 1 in 6 I imagine the libtards are using that as the source for all the BS commercials being played touting that 1 in 6 stat.

After all - you don't really think our government with it's reputation for the wise spending of our hard earned money would issue food stamps to someone that isn't hungry do ya?

Well - DO YA?

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why we should have a generous welfare system in this country that covers a complete abortion for anyone unable to pay for delivery of their child.

On another note, all this talk about obesity in the US has made me hungry.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot, I'm hungry after a long day of plea bargaining and getting continuances... I could see 1 in 6 people being in my position at any given time. Now where are those potato chips, nom nom nom...

Latest posts

Top Bottom