1 week and we're done...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Immigration service. 15 years of visas, permits, advance parole (not what it sounds like), work permits, waiting months for appointments, having files lost, having to provide proof of where we've been and where we are, having to drop everything to fly back across the ocean to make an appointment we didn't set or ask for...

I'm gonna guess in the neighborhood of $20-30,000 minimum all-told. It all ends 1 week from today. Swearing in ceremony for U.S. Citizenship.

Oh, and she'll be able to get her permit, finally! ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would have been so much easier if she'd have just slipped across the border in the middle of the night and avoided all the paperwork hassle.

Yup, like all those other people who get benefits and work and all that rot. And then they're going to get to be citizens at the end of it all, after all. Good for them.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, like all those other people who get benefits and work and all that rot. And then they're going to get to be citizens at the end of it all, after all. Good for them.

Please forgive me I was just being a smart --s.

Congratulations, and my compliments for doing it the right way. It sounds as if it was a laborious and expensive process to make it happen. You would think the process could be cleaned up somewhat to make the process much more reasonable in time and cost.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please forgive me I was just being a smart --s.

Congratulations, and my compliments for doing it the right way. It sounds as if it was a laborious and expensive process to make it happen. You would think the process could be cleaned up somewhat to make the process much more reasonable in time and cost.
Oh, no, I got it. Believe me, I get irritated as hell when people circumvent the system and then get rewarded for it, considering all the effort we had to put into it to do it right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom