1000yd ranges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there's a natural 1,000 yd range on the 120 acres I hunt on in Pawhuska. this is untouched statehood land, except for powerline on edge of property... very wild, surrounded by 30k+ acres of forest.

powerline runs up 750+ yd up side of a hill, but you can only see 500 yd from base. if you back up 500 yd from base of hill....clear 1,000+ yd shots. very safe because you are shooting into side of hill.

what makes it all possible is the electric company recently came through and clear cut a 50 yd strip along the entire path of electric lines.

when I get lazy.. I'll set up on base of hill and watch the deer cross the clearing. but normally I'm moving about stalking deer.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got home a few minutes ago from shootin my mosin @ 500yds. in sand springs, wish it were my land I would invite you all out.

Bummer for you guys.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CY,
Would you be willing to give a little more detailed directions to that "natural" 1000+ yards range near Pawhuska.

I have another place that you can shoot to 730 yards no problems that is also on public land. It is also very safe because it is surrounded by hills. If a few trees were to get blown down there might even be a very good possiblity for 900-1000 yards shots but right now the trees block the target location.

CHEERS

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry, this is private indian lands... the only folks allowed on this land is myself and my guest.

CY,
Would you be willing to give a little more detailed directions to that "natural" 1000+ yards range near Pawhuska.

I have another place that you can shoot to 730 yards no problems that is also on public land. It is also very safe because it is surrounded by hills. If a few trees were to get blown down there might even be a very good possiblity for 900-1000 yards shots but right now the trees block the target location.

CHEERS

Latest posts

Top Bottom