10mm S&W M&P 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Polymer is the glorified word making people think they are getting something special, when in all actuality, it's just PLASTIC!

Damn cheap plastic! 🙂
Actually I have really warmed up to plastic. However steel does inspire pride of ownership. Like the M & P lineup, S & W really stepped up their game from the Sigma with the space between the slide and frame (wow, you could see the recoil springs and light through the gap!) I will not argue that all steel pistols are superior to plastic or vice versa. Would I buy a 10mm M & P? Yes, definitely if 10 mm Ammo were easier to find and cheaper.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a big M&P fan since the M2.0 series was introduced a few years ago. A major, major improvement in that pistol. Like most of you, I too didn't really care for the M&P, but I gotta say, with the introduction of the M2.0 in .45ACP, it's a definite game changer.

It is without a doubt, the smallest, most comfortable grip than any other polymer double stack .45 out there. And don't even get me started on the 2.0 trigger. Awesome! If I could find (and afford) 10mm ammo, I DEFINITELY would own one.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the whiny babies that have been “waiting” for S&W to do this now need to put up or shut up. Seems like this very topic is almost always brought up when any 10mm thread is started. “Wish S&W would blah, blah, blah…” I bet the pictures and range reports are not as numerous as the claims to have wanted one.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wonder why they didn’t come out with a 5.5” or 6” option for the longer barrel? I would think that hunters would prefer the longer barrel/sight radius and velocity boost for hunting. But it would seem that optics are taking over iron sights in that area. I see a KKM 6”+ barrel in the near future, ya think?

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
glock 10mm shoots really good. My 29 is freaking sweet to shoot. less felt recoil than my deltas'
I think slide weight also plays a meaningful role in perceived recoil/muzzle flip. Obviously the hotter the ammo, the faster the slide will be driven back depending on springs, but adding weight to the component being driven backwards doesn't do it any favors either.

That said, once we get past these holidays, I am working out the parts list to start gathering parts to build a 5" 1911 in 10mm for TX hog hunting backup duties.