11/1 is coming, will you go open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LightningCrash said:
It might be good to keep some information handy on open carry and self defense for those conversations. I've had lots of conversations about CCW with people and places I do business with.
Here's our trifold pamphlet in .pdf format: OKOCA handout. Feel free to print them, it was designed to look good in black and white so you can save ink.

Actually, I enjoyed exploring the issue with you. My biggest concern is seeing more gunbuster signs resulting from a few "incidents" involving irresponsible people. Frankly, my fingertips are still calloused from writing Senators and State Reps encouraging them to pass open carry.

I think it's pretty inevitable that some new gunbuster signs will appear on or about Nov 1. We are going to be taking reports on our FB page and mobilizing phone calls and emails like we did with Crest Foods back in May. Even where we are unsuccessful in convincing them, many of the new signs should come down in time when everyone sees that blood isn't running in the streets. It was the same when concealed carry passed.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was involved with this effort as well. I seem to remember that Langston Western Wear also decided to post signs. Did they eventually come to their senses?

Langstons was misquoted. They were not going to allow their employees to open carry in the store but were not going to put up signs preventing customers from carrying.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Langstons was misquoted. They were not going to allow their employees to open carry in the store but were not going to put up signs preventing customers from carrying.

Thanks for the clarification - I'll start buying my Wrangler jeans from them again.

Pistol Packin' Honey

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I plan on open-carrying, and I plan to keep plenty of OKOCA brochures on hand. The feedback I'm hearing from folks I have talked to has been good. Some are looking forward to OC'ing, some plan to keep concealing.
Either way....JUST CARRY! A pistol does you no good, if it's left at home, when you need it.

AND FYI: YOU DON'T HAVE TO OPEN CARRY TO ATTEND ONE OF OUR MEETINGS OR SOCIAL GATHERINGS. Come out & make some new friends, put a face to the names you already know, etc.

Lori Fullbright with the News on 6 is planning to attend our Trails End lunch on Nov 1. She has her license also.

nandb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me change my statement slightly. For me, the benefits of continuing to conceal carry outweigh the benefits of open carry. I acknowlege there are benefits of open carry. One benefit that would be applicable to me is better/faster draw which was mentioned in the pamphlet as well as less of a chance of becoming a victim. My "nothing good" comment actually came from my well-respected conceal carry instructor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom