11/1 is coming, will you go open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if Nov 1 someone changes from a supertuck concealed to an OWB OC (per #3) and does everything else in their life the same, that's something you view as responsible OC?

Depends on what "...everything else in thier life the same..." means. But changing the carry method from supertuck concealed to an OWB for the purpose of comfort or convenience would in my mind be viewed as responsible OC.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what "...everything else in thier life the same..." means. But changing the carry method from supertuck concealed to an OWB for the purpose of comfort or convenience would in my mind be viewed as responsible OC.

Everything else the same is just all things being equal. A person not committing a crime, flaunting or misusing their defense weapon. They're just going about their business like they already did when they were fully concealed. Now they're just fully open carrying with an OWB holster. They buy gas, groceries and go to McDonald's, but now with their shirt tucked in behind an openly carried gun instead of tucked around a concealed gun.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything else the same is just all things being equal. A person not committing a crime, flaunting or misusing their defense weapon. They're just going about their business like they already did when they were fully concealed. Now they're just fully open carrying with an OWB holster. They buy gas, groceries and go to McDonald's, but now with their shirt tucked in behind an openly carried gun instead of tucked around a concealed gun.

In my mind - that would be responsible open carry.

Bigman405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just going to see whats its going to be like before i open carry. Wish i can make the Open Carry breakfst . Unfortunately i work night and tulsa a bit far from okc for me. But atleast open carry will be a great conversation starter for me. Asking about what gun you are wearing and just talking about guns.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just going to see whats its going to be like before i open carry. Wish i can make the Open Carry breakfst . Unfortunately i work night and tulsa a bit far from okc for me. But atleast open carry will be a great conversation starter for me. Asking about what gun you are wearing and just talking about guns.

Bigman405, we will be having other get togethers. Keep an eye on our facebook page or our forum. We will post all events at both places. We look forward to seeing you.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm really glad that you two had this conversation. I'm pretty clear on your opinions, now. There's one other reason I plan to OC that wasn't mentioned. Sometimes, I like being a good ambassador for people who carry for self defense. Concealed carry starts exactly zero conversations in that regard.

If I'm in a mood that I don't want to talk to people that day, I'll just untuck my shirt and conceal.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sounds like you might be driving the turnpike a lot. I did that for quite a while the opposite. Owasso (Just North of Tulsa) will have a BBQ luncheon described in other posts, you might want to get a motel and join this group. We are going to attend. I expect there will be an overflow crowd. I hope the local news stations cover and help promote us to other business owners.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We're closer on the issue of OC than I thought. Kudos for taking the time to talk about it.

I'm really glad that you two had this conversation. I'm pretty clear on your opinions, now. There's one other reason I plan to OC that wasn't mentioned. Sometimes, I like being a good ambassador for people who carry for self defense. Concealed carry starts exactly zero conversations in that regard.

If I'm in a mood that I don't want to talk to people that day, I'll just untuck my shirt and conceal.

It might be good to keep some information handy on open carry and self defense for those conversations. I've had lots of conversations about CCW with people and places I do business with.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're closer on the issue of OC than I thought. Kudos for taking the time to talk about

Actually, I enjoyed exploring the issue with you. My biggest concern is seeing more gunbuster signs resulting from a few "incidents" involving irresponsible people. Frankly, my fingertips are still calloused from writing Senators and State Reps encouraging them to pass open carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom