11/1 is coming, will you go open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL someone is actually engaging with Lightning! WOW!

I will open carry sometimes, If I leave BANG to run to the store (which happens from time to time)

However, I will not be looking for attention. loudshirt has it right. Most people are so oblivious to whats going on, they wont even see you OC.

Also, people who CC or OC aren't sheeple, they are sheep dogs.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does "anything" include open carry to elicit reaction from the public, draw attention to yourself, or make a political statement? If so, then I would not consider that responsible open carry.

anything but making a political statement

i'd be interested in hearing examples of what you view as a reasonable open carry situation

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does "anything" include open carry to elicit reaction from the public, draw attention to yourself, or make a political statement? If so, then I would not consider that responsible open carry.
Understand your concern. Yes there will be those who want to draw attention to themselves. To scare the people around them. Even those who hope to bait the police into some illegal action. On the other side there will be people who feel that open carry offers them more comfort. Who feel that it is easier to pick out what to wear when they no longer have to consider the concealment issue.

The trouble comes in deciding which group the open carrier belongs to. Its not always obvious what a persons intent is. Is acting within the law no longer good enough? Should you have to show an acceptable reason to do something that within the law? Should citizen who open carry have to not only show a license but show reason as well?

Michael

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm mainly looking forward to being able to tuck my shirts neatly into my pants / jeans.. and not having to wear a hot cover vest or jacket all the time when wearing a weapon like a G19 or G23. I just ordered a couple of leather belt holsters for my LCP w/ laser, so I'll also be getting my right front jeans pocket back for general use again.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anything but making a political statement

i'd be interested in hearing examples of what you view as a reasonable open carry situation

A few examples:

1. Certainly on rural acreage without the need to claim I am "hunting";
2. Shirt tail blows up in the wind exposing the firearm / bending over and shirt tail rides up;
3. Wearing an OWB holster because they are much more comfortable;
4. Having the gun loaded and in the open while traveling in a vehicle instead of having to wear it concealed or stash it between the seats or in the console.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see it now. Who wants to go open carry bomb some liberal businesses that have yet to put up a gunbuster sign?

Oh god, don't give anyone ideas.

A few examples:

1. Certainly on rural acreage without the need to claim I am "hunting";
2. Shirt tail blows up in the wind exposing the firearm / bending over and shirt tail rides up;
3. Wearing an OWB holster because they are much more comfortable;
4. Having the gun loaded and in the open while traveling in a vehicle instead of having to wear it concealed or stash it between the seats or in the console.

So if Nov 1 someone changes from a supertuck concealed to an OWB OC (per #3) and does everything else in their life the same, that's something you view as responsible OC?

Latest posts

Top Bottom