11/1 is coming, will you go open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will carry OWB with a jacket or sweatshirt covering it. If it rises, oh well. I'm not going all tucked in golf shirt with it OWB so it's REALLY out there though. For me this just means more OWB carry and less IWB carry. No "IN YOUR FACE" carry for me.

I'm doing this as well, Heck i may carry my sig 2022.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine complete open carry will probably go over better with the general public than partial open carry.

The sheeple will see a handgun being carried fully open and be concerned about it, but figure the person wouldn't be carrying that way if it wasn't illegal. But they may see a partially hiden handgun and might think to themselves that the guy is trying to hide it... so maybe he / she shouldn't have one... or why else would they be trying to hide it?

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will never open carry. Why give up a tactical advantage? I wanted open carry to pass to cover my a-- if my weapon became exposed accidentally.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One things i see is the ability to carry a bigger weapon. So is it more tactical to have a smaller concealed or a bigger open carried? When I get my permit I'll probably carry but only under a jacket or something. Don't know what I'll do in the summer.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine complete open carry will probably go over better with the general public than partial open carry.

The sheeple will see a handgun being carried fully open and be concerned about it, but figure the person wouldn't be carrying that way if it wasn't illegal. But they may see a partially hiden handgun and might think to themselves that the guy is trying to hide it... so maybe he / she shouldn't have one... or why else would they be trying to hide it?

+1 agree that this will be a common perception.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I imagine complete open carry will probably go over better with the general public than partial open carry.:SNIP:
Will depend on the circumstances and attire. One of the restaurants I go to when I visit the city has a regular group of plain clothes police that go there for lunch. If I walk in there wearing slacks and a nice sports jacket I am willing to bet that the regular customers will think that I am just another cop. If I open carry in the same restaurant wearing my biker garb I will probably receive a bit of attention from them.

Hadn't thought about open carry on Nov first as a freedom walk though.

Michael

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One things i see is the ability to carry a bigger weapon.

Which is exactly why I'll be OCing when I check my mail that day with my Tackleberry strapped on.

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_tackleberry.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom