14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously it's a really stupidly written law (shocking I know). When it comes down to it, with shotshells made in just about every pistol caliber, any handgun could fall under that definition. A court would probably draw the distinction and try to insert a little sanity in the law by saying that those aren't expected to be able to cause lethal injury (though they certainly could).

I don't see any way of reading that statute that wouldn't prohibit the Judge. Obviously no one cares... they are bought and sold commonly here. I have owned one myself. To a cop, it looks just like another wheel gun (just with an extra long cylinder). As far as I know, no cop or DA who actually knows what one is has ever been piss-ant enough to bring someone up on charges for it.

But get pulled over by a not-so-2A minded cop with a Serbu Super Shorty next to your seat, and things may go differently.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously it's a really stupidly written law (shocking I know). When it comes down to it, with shotshells made in just about every pistol caliber, any handgun could fall under that definition. A court would probably draw the distinction and try to insert a little sanity in the law by saying that those aren't expected to be able to cause lethal injury (though they certainly could).

I don't see any way of reading that statute that wouldn't prohibit the Judge. Obviously no one cares... they are bought and sold commonly here. I have owned one myself. To a cop, it looks just like another wheel gun (just with an extra long cylinder). As far as I know, no cop or DA who actually knows what one is has ever been piss-ant enough to bring someone up on charges for it.

But get pulled over by a not-so-2A minded cop with a Serbu Super Shorty next to your seat, and things may go differently.

Haha, that was my point. If someone was so like-minded and felt the need to try to get the law adjusted, you could use the judge or governor as an excuse to allow oklahomans to participate in this gray area with a 14" mossy

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, that was my point. If someone was so like-minded and felt the need to try to get the law adjusted, you could use the judge or governor as an excuse to allow oklahomans to participate in this gray area with a 14" mossy

In today's world that argument would probably just make them outlaw the Judge and Governor instead of allowing the Mossberg.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now Mossberg is actually producing this awesome thing (look at me avatar for goodness sake) and buds is doing a pretty order on it for under 400$!!!! Gahhhhhh I want one!!!!

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, it's a very dark grey area. I guess I'm already afoul with my judge that is sold freely here. But the fact that mossberg caught on and is making them in house is amazing.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good question on the Shockwave. The law in OK says 18" minimum on a shotgun barrel with a minimum overall length of 26". The Shockwave is short on the barrel but

I just sent an information request to Mossberg to see what they say. If they reply I will share what they say.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question on the Shockwave. The law in OK says 18" minimum on a shotgun barrel with a minimum overall length of 26". The Shockwave is short on the barrel but

I just sent an information request to Mossberg to see what they say. If they reply I will share what they say.

I bet they'll say to check with the state AG's office or some such.

Latest posts

Top Bottom