1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by OkieDokie1982, Mar 3, 2012.

1. harley128

harley128 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    97.1%
    My distributor offered this "firearm" to me as well yesterday, but I declined. I don't see any reason to take a chance for a few bucks. Gonna wait until this thing sorts itself out, if it does. Looks very flaky to me!

2. MadDogs

MadDogs Sharpshooter

Supposedly they are a “weapon” and not a “shotgun” or “handgun” and because of their length being over 26” they are “legal”. Well and fine if every LEO got that memo.

I think they are really cool BUT not sure if I need one … as much as I want one.

3. ssgrock3

ssgrock3 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    it is legit, Henrys guns in yukon has one. Slick, but for $400 not really necessary, but if a guy is set on having a shorty, the birdshead grip is the kicker that makes it legal, per the letter I read by the Batfe.

4. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Patterning video of the Suarez Stakeout.

5. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    According to the BATF, it is legal. However, according to the State of Oklahoma, it probably is not - it was discussed a couple pages back. HiredHand posted the relevant Oklahoma statute, and I commented thusly:

As mentioned earlier also, it probably won't be an issue if you have an encounter with a LE person working for the State of Oklahoma. However, if that person chooses to make an issue out of it - and I can see how it can happen, since the Shockwave really looks like a sawed-off shotgun - then quoting the BATF ruling might work. Until they looked up the state statute. Busted.

6. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I personally would not possess one in Oklahoma until the state statute is changed or the State Attorney General makes a ruling.
    I'm not a fan of a shotgun without a shoulder though. And I have a 14" year NFA SBS already.

I think the most attractive part about this is the ability to avoid the tax stamp and approval process. It has very few advantages and many more disadvantages over more conventional firearms.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    MrShooter likes this.
  7. harley128

harley128 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    97.1%
    That is exactly my feeling on this issue as well. Im steering clear until we hear more from OK

8. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I thought OK2A at one point was working on a few bills that addressed the OK firearms definitions and would have those definitions match the federal ones.

9. MrShooter

MrShooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's a great lil novelty gun. Other than that it's too risky for anything else.

Mad Professor likes this.
  10. MadDogs

MadDogs Sharpshooter

I wrote our AG's office and have not heard back.