19 = 9 better than 44

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot this and the G44 yesterday at the range.I much prefer my ruger mkIV to either the Taurus or Glock.

I very much like my MK4 it is accurate and reliable but it is all metal thus a good bit heavier and the plus ammo of the TX22 just adds to the fun content.. .22 pistols are like animal crackers, if reliable their all fun to shoot.. Unreliable just pulls from the fun factor, if I could only have 1 it'd likely be the MK4 due to it's greater accuracy and 5.5 barrel.. As an unbiased individual I noticed you didn't list a preference ?

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Between the Taurus and the Glock 44 I would buy the Taurus just because the higher magazine capacity in the Taurus.Both had 3 or 4 jams in the 200 rounds I shot through each of them.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand Honeybadger. The only 2 semi autos I currently own that aren't glocks are 2 ruger MKIVs.I have also not had very good luck with Taurus in the past.The magazines were also a pain to load on the TX22 but other than that for the 200 rounds I shot it seemed like a decent 22.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I understand Honeybadger. The only 2 semi autos I currently own that aren't glocks are 2 ruger MKIVs.I have also not had very good luck with Taurus in the past.The magazines were also a pain to load on the TX22 but other than that for the 200 rounds I shot it seemed like a decent 22.

Count me in as a Glock fanboy as well. You couldn’t give me a Taurus. My 44 has been great so far even if it “only” holds 10 rounds. I’ve got 5 mags that I can load pretty quickly and without fiddling around thanks to the knobs on the side. The sight picture and trigger are just like my 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom