19 = 9 better than 44

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between the Taurus and the Glock 44 I would buy the Taurus just because the higher magazine capacity in the Taurus.Both had 3 or 4 jams in the 200 rounds I shot through each of them.
Man, I’ll give you one more chance to reconsider. You think that Taurus is gonna work as good as that in 5 years? 10?
Think their CS will ship you a part you need that doesn’t take 14 weeks on a birchbark canoe in the amazon?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Gunbuffer you bring up a point that always comes to my mind when folks say. "My TX22 is $100 cheaper." Even thought Taurus moved away from 1 year warranty to lifetime a couple years ago on their "Modern Firearms." What are these TX22s going to look like in 10 or 15years. Will it just be another gun you can't get parts for, magazines for. Lots of questions and sadly Taurus' history of customer service and support doesn't bring a warm fuzzy feeling to your insides like holding a bunny while drinking hot chocolate.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Gunbuffer you bring up a point that always comes to my mind when folks say. "My TX22 is $100 cheaper." Even thought Taurus moved away from 1 year warranty to lifetime a couple years ago on their "Modern Firearms." What are these TX22s going to look like in 10 or 15years. Will it just be another gun you can't get parts for, magazines for. Lots of questions and sadly Taurus' history of customer service and support doesn't bring a warm fuzzy feeling to your insides like holding a bunny while drinking hot chocolate.

I've said it, I can't speak of it's longevity But Taurus has moved to the states.. With a lil luck CS will improve..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wroot wroo a manual safety, that's a step outside the norm, Will it pose a problem ?? 2011 they paid Taurus $1250 to $1900 each and they're going to pay Glock $891 each, :pms2: No wonder they choose Glock..
Thank you sir.. :lmfao:

Actually c
loser to $203 USD

I’m sure the manual safety will pose many problems. Operator based problems because of a manual operated thumb safety, yes. But, I doubt there will any mechanical issues related to the addition of the safety.

Unfortunately, price does come into play in the contracts and has too much of an influence as far as I’m concerned.

So..... name a few military or police agencies outside of South Africa issuing Taurus. (The firearm, not the Ford vehicle)

Surely there are agencies selecting for performance and not just price.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I read your post I thought to myself, what is Brazil going to do with a bunch of 22lr guns. I mean this is a discussion about the Glock 44 isn't it? Then I read the link you provided and still don't see what it has to do with this thread....just saying

The discussion brought in statements of manufacturing quality, reliability, customer service, worldwide acceptance, etc.

I mean we are taking about a country whose best accomplishment was developing a waxing technique resulting in a very desirable smooth finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom