1911 Ejector ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had to replace an ejector on a 1911.
I have several 1911 pistols some with thousands of rounds fired and have never had to replace one due to damage or worn out. I do not own any of the low budget 1911s mine are of the upper end in the 1911 world so that may have something to do with it,:anyone:
Have any of you HAD to replace an ejector?
If so, for what reason?
34.jpg

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure tons of em. usually the pin works out and it gets loose causing erratic ejection and a potential for a stoppage if it breaks and locks up the slide.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you ask the question? I also have never had to replaced an ejector on my 1911s. I have replaced one broken ejector on a customers 1911. The pin grove leg broke. Probability the result of an improperly cut grove as mentioned above.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you ask the question? I also have never had to replaced an ejector on my 1911s. I have replaced one broken ejector on a customers 1911. The pin grove leg broke. Probability the result of an improperly cut grove as mentioned above.
I asked the question because I never had to replace one and was just wondering if anyone had too and what may have caused the issue for replacement, Im curious like that.

Last edited:

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. I'm that way too. Mr Ed just posted a picture of a short ejector. Some custom 1911s have short ejectors lime this as they are tuned to send the empties where the owner wants them. In this short ejector case tube empties would leave the slide later than normal. And would be thrown more back than to the side. Does this make sense?

Latest posts

Top Bottom