1911 Elk Antler grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I looked at his tools when I made this first set. It's an issue of cost, I will only be making a few sets and with antlers being so costly it's going to be tough to make it worth doing. Plus working with antlers sucks, I cut up 3 tines last week out in the garage and it took 2 days to get rid of the smell in the house.

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a couple of antler blanks that I did this weekend, they still need drilling and final shaping. I'm waiting on a set of Brad Point bits and a Pan Head step bit to do the drilling, I also have to complete drill jig.

[Broken External Image]

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I finally finished the first sets that will be for sale, let me now what you think. It's hard to tell from the pics but the smooth areas are polished to a high gloss. They were fitted to a Springfield Mil-Spec.

This set will be 95.00

[Broken External Image]

This set will be 80.00

[Broken External Image]

Here some pics on the pistol, plan to get some better shots soon.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I'd like to but only have a full size at this time. For every size pistol I have to make a drill jig, then make a blank/junk grip to check drill spacing, then each antler grip must be fitted to the pistol.

The antlers are very expensive and most is ends up as waste. There is very little profit involved, I do it for fun.

I'm currently working on grips that use nickel silver and elk, plus some wood with antler inlays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom