1911 Elk Antler grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my first set of Elk antler grips, I've used Elk on my knives before, it's just difficult to get pieces with a large enough radius to get this look. I recently got some large points and was able to get enough slabs to make 4 more sets. I hope to get some large bases soon to make grips for my Vaquero. The knife in the image is one I made using Damascus for the blade and bolsters, the scales are Mother of Pearl.

[Broken External Image]

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the proper forum for discussing prices and I'm not allowed to post in the classified section yet. The antlers are not cheap and they don't always work out the way you hoped, so I don’t know what they will sell for yet. I nearly ruined this first set during the shaping process, one to many margaritas, will have to watch it with the next set.

I do plan to sell some once I’ve worked the best way to drill the mounting holes, you only get one shot at it. It looks like the best way to drill them is with a jig, so that will be the first thing I have to work on next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom