1911 Magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
I bought a 10 round "competition" magazine from someone on the forum last week. He described it just like that; "competition magazine".

Since I have been shooting a little more competitions, and really wanted a ten rounder, I jumped at the chance to get one at a decent price.

Well, I got it in the mail, and the damn thing would not fit any of my 1911s. (I have four. All different manufacturers). I even tried it in my P220, since those magazines are sometimes mistaken for 1911s.....no dice.

I started researching to see if I could find one online that looked like it, and it kind of looks like the Promag 10 rounder.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea if there is something I can do to get this thing to fit right? It is hanging up on the leading edge right under the follower.

I probably am just out 25 dollars. Just makes me even more leery about buying things unseen.

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
Packaging was good. No real marks on it. I just tried filing it a little, but that didn't help.

I also just found a couple places selling the Promag 10 rounder for $22.50. *&$^#% (*&#$@!!@#*$##@!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't have tried to go cheap. Now I'm stuck with a ten round, $25 dollar paper weight. At least if I had bought it from Midway, they would have exchanged, or taken it back. #$%*& *@#$&^!!!!!

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the mag? That might help. Also are there any markings definitely indicating manufacturer?

On anything pro-mag, I'd make sure there are many excellent reviews on a particular model before buying.

Others have their brand preference, but for a 10rd 45acp mag, the Wilson model 47T is the only one I'd buy again. I have several that have been in use for almost 10 years with no issues. Mag issues are no fun at a match. Buy quality and only cry once. JMHO

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, Promag is the stuff that puke is made of. The only way they could be made worse is stuffing them full of A-Merc ammo. Their specs are wildly off for the most part and they don't heat treat.

That company should have been run out of business many years ago. Sorry you got burned. Get yourself a Wilson 10 rounder and never look back.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Pro-mag is crap.

Honestly, Promag is the stuff that puke is made of. The only way they could be made worse is stuffing them full of A-Merc ammo. Their specs are wildly off for the most part and they don't heat treat.

No kidding! A friend of mine that is new to guns (took me years to finally get him into them) was told by some shop that the ProMag was a great tactical mag, so he bought 3 of the 8 round mags for his Sig 220. Nothing but problems in any of them. I don't remember getting one jam free mag through them. We ended up shooting one of them for kicks. I told him not to believe everything you're told in a gun shop. Do some research first. I think that and getting burned for $75 or so helped with that lesson.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Three pro mags I have for my HK USP 45 works better than the four factory mags do at times, its all a c*** shoot with mags some works for some people some don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom