• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City 1940's Doxa and 1960's Benrus Vintage Watches - Both Serviced & Running Great

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Willing to Ship?
  1. Yes
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
1$
Hey OSA,

I'm posting a couple of recently finished project watches here before putting them out on the wider web.

1940's Doxa 'trench' style watch - this was quite an involved project, which included rust removal, re-jeweling the escape wheel bridge and pallet fork bridge along with their corresponding jewels in the main plate, as well as replacing the escape wheel and pallet fork themselves. It was not easy to source those vintage parts, but all is done and this watch is running great. This watch also received a new mainspring, polished the pivots and barrel arbor, full ultrasonic cleaning of the case, all new gaskets/seals and a new crystal. The best picture I have is one I posted a short while ago on here, however I have since changed the strap from the tan one you see in the first photo to the darker leather strap you can see in the second, lesser quality (sorry) photo. This is a stunning vintage watch on the wrist. Price is $250

Doxa 1.jpeg

A1P_9717.JPG

1960's Benrus (1963 or 1964). This watch is nearly impossible to get a good photograph of, since the dial is a matte black and the markers are reflective. I only managed to get one shot of it where you can see all of the markers lit up, which was posted on OSA a month or so ago. This is the photo used in this ad. I posted a 2nd photo of the watch on my bench (not a very good photo) that shows how the markers look black under certain lighting. I can take additional photos if necessary, but this one really shows off the dial and markers when the light hits it right. The markers have a high polish so they look black if they aren't reflecting light towards your eye. It's very easy to see the time when it's on the wrist and wearing normally, but under indoor lighting at my bench, I'm getting nothing but glare on the camera. FYI - I suck at taking photos apparently. This also underwent a complete top-to-bottom rebuild including a brand new mainspring, full service, and a complete cleaning of the case, along with a new crystal and all new gaskets/seals. This watch is running phenomenally well, like chronometer rated +/- 5 seconds per day on the timing machine. I'm supremely proud of how this watch turned out, especially considering where it started. I bought this watch initially for $20 on eBay because it was very rough and not running well at all. After a lot of elbow grease and fine tuning, this watch is running better than most of my newly manufactured watches. Price is $150.

Benrus 1.jpeg

A1P_9729.JPG

Both of these watch had their full service work documented on eBay. You can see the full rebuilds of each watch in the following videos:

1940's Doxa rebuild:

1960's Benrus rebuild:

I am located in Newcastle and can meet in the OKC/Moore/Norman area I can also ship if the buyer covers the shipping cost. I have some hard shell cases that I can ship watches in to ensure they are protected.

Feel free to call or text if you have any questions or would like to discuss the purchase of either of these watches:

405-517-1379

Thanks,
Adam

Latest posts

Top Bottom