Solar is a scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're figuring out that bi-facial panels installed vertically are more efficient, and Musk has got some new solar panel technology.
Someday they'll look more attractive.

No way I'd do my whole house, but I wouldn't mind having a solar/battery backup to run the fridge and aerobic septic system if my generator fails or I can't get fuel.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It worked for my business. ROI in ~7 years. Being able to depreciate the panels makes all the difference. We also use most of our energy running AC while clients go in and out. Mostly, while the sun is shining. After hours we don't use much. All I got for putting them on the house was permission to buy a tractor... so there's that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When one travels throughout the Southwest it amazing how many people put up a small home in the middle of the desert put an outhouse out back and a 10’ square solar panel that follows the sun outside for power. Thousands of them. Totally off grid for everything including water they bring in.
One of our RV friends refuses to pay to park their RV anywhere they have to pay. 2000 watts of solar panels on the roof keep everything running while boondocking in national and state forests.
I love solar for my game cams and security cams at home, but that’s it for us.
Been seeing some reports of a new type of wind power using the principals of Archimedes screw that is extremely efficient in development that could be useful for home power generation.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ALL of the companies I talked to said their panes survive hail. Yeah right, and Hillary isn't a crook.
I kind of looked into that and it is somewhat true. Depends on the size of the hail, but it also really depends on where it hits. Center hit is fine, near the edge yeah it is fubared. Well this is Oklahoma so good luck with that. But if it was me I would make a cage above it with three or so layers of chicken wire to stop or lessen the impact velocity. But yeah, no

Latest posts

Top Bottom