2010 Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in a new stand today, and had a small 5 point browsing along the fence row.
3 does came into the same area, and he broke into a run to get with them. they all broke and ran from him.
The rut is on......Next few days will be awesome.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NE Oklahoma:

Last year on Halloween weekend we were seeing all kinds of deer and they were chasing like crazy all day long.

Nothing to speak of this year. I saw a couple small bucks Friday night, they were just feeding. I passed on a small 8 point today that was alone, and it seemed like he might have been looking around for does, he wasn't feeding and was just looking around. Dad saw/heard some small bucks sparring right at dark on Saturday night.
It's been a very slow year (unusually slow) for us all around, and we're not seeing much moving but dink bucks right now. I saw some does early in the year, but it's just the dink bucks I've been seeing in the daylight right now.

It seems the little guys might be a little getting antsy, but the does and the big boys ain't playing yet. They were running around like mad this time last year, this year it's going to be later apparently. Could start any day now, I'll be out every chance I get the next couple weeks.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In central OK we've seen some activity early in the AM. A friend of mine got a 13pt on Sat that was trailing a doe. He was rutted up and nasty.

I passed on a 6pt with his nose to the ground on Sun just after daylight.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Far NW Oklahoma. Starting to see a few signs, but all the bucks on my land are still coming into the feeder in bachelor groups. The only bucks that I have seen with my group of does have been young bucks (1.5yr). It is near, but not hear yet in Alfalfa Co.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday morning was a pretty good morning in the stand. I saw two shooters, one was chasing two does and the other was lookin hard for a doe. Tail up, nose to the ground. He ran around my stand for a good ten minutes just trying to hit a scent trail. Unfortunately I was trying to fill my doe tag and didn't bring my bow. I had a nice ten yard broadside shot! Saw another small 8 point and he was chasing does as well. Sunday morning was not as active, just a forkhorn that sounded like he had the walkin farts, gruntin every step.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In central OK we've seen some activity early in the AM. A friend of mine got a 13pt on Sat that was trailing a doe. He was rutted up and nasty.

I passed on a 6pt with his nose to the ground on Sun just after daylight.

where about in central Ok?

I am over near thunderbird and have not seen much rutting yet.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my way to church yesterday morning I saw a dead doe on I-44 & Lincoln, which is 2.4 miles from the capitol. There are sme acres of woods in the area and I'm not surprised at all.My guess is that the doe didn't wander out onto an interstate by herself, but was chased by a horny 4 pointer (DUH!)

:osu

Latest posts

Top Bottom