2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmshtr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for your enduring patience in regards to the 2011 Pro-Am Championship. I've sent a similar email to the attendees of the 2010 Pro-Am, but here is the INTENDED date, schedule, venue, info:

The 2011 Pro-Am WILL BE held July 15-17, 2011. It will be in the same format as last year...The match will be shot in 1/2 day format - Iron Sight pistols in the morning and Open in the afternoon. You can shoot both matches, and you can even shoot both in one day, although I REALLY don't recommend it. Professionals MUST shoot both matches on Sunday if they choose to shoot both Open and Iron Sight.

Now, the tricky part. I am in the process of trying to work out a usage contract with USSA, but they will not be able to confirm their commitment until the end of the month. I had intended to release the match registrations Jan 23rd, but it appears I will need to extend that by a couple weeks. IF USSA is unable to confirm by February 1st, the match will be held at the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, FL. I realize that this could affect many of your intentions to attend due to the further distance. Trust me, it would be an even bigger burden for the Match Director who lives in Oklahoma (ME)! However, USA has recently extended their range significantly, and now has 31 bays with over 300 pieces of steel. Their support staff is unequalled, and I have no doubt that the quality of the match would be equal to or better than previous years. Plus, you could make a Disney vacation out of it!

The match registration will either be released as soon as I hear from USSA or February 1st, 2011...whichever comes first. I will be updating www.proamshooting.com after the Shot Show.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Phil Strader
Match Director - 2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

gmshtr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive been told by contacts at USSA that I should know something very soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I've was shooting the Florida Open back in 1998 when Frank first built that range, and with the new improvements, I'm sure it's even nicer than I remember, but what an incredible pain in the butt to direct a match that far away!

As soon as I hear something, I'll let everyone know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom