1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

"Rimfire Jamboree" Eat and Shoot: Sunday Feb 2nd 10:00 AM

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by druryj, Jan 22, 2020.

1. BlackRiflesBoy

BlackRiflesBoy Sharpshooter

@druryj , The Blackrifle clan, all 3 generations of us had a great time and it was a perfect event for my son to shoot for the very first time. I dont know how many other kids (if any) shot in the little competition you set up for us all, but my son was far more excited to win the jr. division than he let on. I'd like to thank other members too that let him try out some other guns as well and made his very first range day memorable. As always, I had a great time and can't wait for the next one!

DRC458, dlbleak, dennishoddy and 3 others like this.
  2. BlackRiflesBoy

BlackRiflesBoy Sharpshooter

I brought my son, who is 8 and that made 3 generations of us there today. I got a chance to see your son shooting when we went to look around in the other bank of lanes, he is a good shot! It's good to see kids enjoying the shooting sports in a fun safe environment. Hope ya'll had as much fun as we did!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    DRC458, dlbleak, dennishoddy and 2 others like this.
  3. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    @Cutbait Jr is a healthy boy, he needs to be in the Adult Division cause he gave old Pops a run for his money!

4. GUN DOG

GUN DOG Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Glad I finally made it to one had a good time hopefully make the next one if the stars are alined in my favor. Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

5. kirk1978

kirk1978 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Looks like a great time was had...wish I could have been there!!

druryj likes this.
  6. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nice to see such a good turn out.. :cry11: I spent much of the day under a car, which still isn't fixed.. But I did shoot 8-9 mags of 9mm come 4 o clock.. So the day ended well..

okierider and dlbleak like this.
  7. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I had a great time. It was good to meet so many of you guys, some for the first time. Thanks to @okierider for babysitting the 452 and for running the scoped rifle competition while I was otherwise occupied. Thanks to @druryj for making this thing happen, and thanks to everyone who showed up for the Rimfire Jamboree.

8. scottb42

scottb42 Sharpshooter

Thanks for putting this together! And a big thanks for everyone's generosity, I got some trigger time on a bunch of slick rifles and pistols. A gill gun, a couple of tack-driving bolt rifles, a Glock 44, an actual 1940 (?) Luger pistol, 22Mag NAA micro revolver, and several more that my swiss-cheese memory has already dropped.

My own wares were a little more pedestrian, but I hope everybody who wanted to shoot them had an opportunity. This was my first chance to use my 22Mag PMR30 at an indoor range, if I'd been thinking ahead I would have had my camera at the ready whenever somebody stepped up to shoot it. Every single one of you who fired it turned around and looked back at me after that first shot, with either a s**t-eating grin or a look of horror. The fireball that comes out of that muzzle indoors is pretty epic.

Was also great to put some faces to the screen names. As you can see *my* profile photo is a pretty close likeness of me, but most of you don't look anything like yours...

I am trying so hard to keep this from going to my head. ;)
    Though I'm thinking that luck had a LOT to do with it.

9. jstaylor62

jstaylor62 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My girlfriend had a great time today! Today was actually her first time ever to shoot. She shot one round, then had to put the gun down because she was so excited and had to step back and relax a minute. But after about 50 rounds, she started getting a very nice group for a first time shooter. In spite of being cross-eyed dominant.

10. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    …..and the ENS Part Duece……..

IMG_1882.JPG

Had a great time! I'll be read'n y'alls posts in your voice now!!

DRC458, Catt57, dlbleak and 4 others like this.