March 31st Eat-n-Shoot @ Tri City Gun Club!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie is right. I have shot out at Tri City and it was a giant cluster. Some old man comes around and tells you how to shoot because he knows it all. The "orientation" is a joke. You sit around and listen to an old guy drone on and on about you WILL do this and NOT do this and tell war stories. If you need to tell us safety rules then tell them. I don't want to hear how your friend blew his thumb off while playing with his pistol. Who ever is organizing this might want to re think.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Annie is right. I have shot out at Tri City and it was a giant cluster. Some old man comes around and tells you how to shoot because he knows it all. The "orientation" is a joke. You sit around and listen to an old guy drone on and on about you WILL do this and NOT do this and tell war stories. If you need to tell us safety rules then tell them. I don't want to hear how your friend blew his thumb off while playing with his pistol. Who ever is organizing this might want to re think.

Now now... no negative outlook please. We intend to have a safe, and good time. You are welcome to join us if you like. But, if you don’t want to listen to the safety briefing, that’s your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OMG, does that old man tell that story every single time he opens his mouth?!? :pms2:

I can't do it again. 2 orientations, 3 "events" where we had to have their range officers there even though the vast minority of us were club members was enough for me.

Only time I've ever shot out there and enjoyed myself when I was a member was when no else was there -- and the USPSA matches. Those are run by some good people.

Guess I'm just getting old and grumpy, too. :werd:

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG, does that old man tell that story every single time he opens his mouth?!? :pms2:

I can't do it again. 2 orientations, 3 "events" where we had to have their range officers there even though the vast minority of us were club members was enough for me.

Only time I've ever shot out there and enjoyed myself when I was a member was when no else was there -- and the USPSA matches. Those are run by some good people.

Guess I'm just getting old and grumpy, too. :werd:
You're not anything like the guys at that other place say you are.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now now... no negative outlook please. We intend to have a safe, and good time. You are welcome to join us if you like. But, if you don’t want to listen to the safety briefing, that’s your call.

This. You do not have to shoot in order to have a good time with this bunch.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look, you guys ... Tri-City is a nice facility. They have a really nice pavilion that @druryj can cook on while everyone else shoots and has a good time.

The pistol bays are a bit tight for my taste, butbthe rifle range with the gong on it is the dope. I've never shot on the shotgun range because I've never been out there where there wasn't already a group of people shooting there.

Overall, I think everyone will have a great time. Just be careful going through the gate. Don't drive faster than 10 mph going down that gravel road. The guy who lives out there has a dog he lets off the leash sometimes. (Or at least he did a couple years ago.)

Come out and have some fun.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like what Annie says here, except for the part about me cooking. Nope. Not into it so much. Now the part about eating; well yeah; I do know a lot about that. So sign on up, come out and let’s have a good time.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Look, you guys ... Tri-City is a nice facility. They have a really nice pavilion that @druryj can cook on while everyone else shoots and has a good time.

The pistol bays are a bit tight for my taste, butbthe rifle range with the gong on it is the dope. I've never shot on the shotgun range because I've never been out there where there wasn't already a group of people shooting there.

Overall, I think everyone will have a great time. Just be careful going through the gate. Don't drive faster than 10 mph going down that gravel road. The guy who lives out there has a dog he lets off the leash sometimes. (Or at least he did a couple years ago.)

Come out and have some fun.

That dog will walk down the range when you're trying to shoot too. The owner doesn't keep an eye on him at all.
I almost shot that dog myself one time. I was shooting on the rifle range and turned around to head back to the truck for more ammo and he was up on his hind legs trying to get in the back of my truck. When he saw me, he slid down the side dragging his claws and put 8 real nice scratch marks on my paint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom