2012 Wichita Moutain Elk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife shot hers at around 70 yds. (2007)

My buddy alsio drew in 2007, the week after my wife's hunt. He got the ice storm. He'd been putting in for it for 33 years. Got his bull on the last day, they hauled it out in pieces on a makeshift sled. Came home to no electricity for 3 weeks. (N of Owasso) About two years later he got brain cancer, didn't last long after that.

RIP Jerry.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story, thanks for posting it. Now I'm wary of drawing for elk as I don't shoot beyond 300 yards. At least I'm not, yet.

My buddy shot his at 50 yds. He was walking around the rimrock and heard the clatter of hooves on rock. His bull was bedded behind a boulder, and decided to make a run for it.

distantfoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great story, thanks for posting it. Now I'm wary of drawing for elk as I don't shoot beyond 300 yards. At least I'm not, yet.

Yeah I definately wouldn't let it discourage you. Although it would be a huge advantage.

I don't remember a situation while on the hunt, with the exception of the runners, that I couldn't kill from my position or close the gap without a chance of spooking them. Definately the best way I've found to hunt without "getting in the middle of 'em" and running everything out of the country.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mmmmm... Elk. My favorite hooved meat
i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_venison_5ea01316_original.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom