2015 Ford Bronco maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all know they'll wuss it down to some lil ford escape looking turd before it comes out. with little bitty fuel economy tires and 56 air bags and a sticker price of 67k. : )

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats not a new concept guys, I have a calendar from 2004? which includes that concept. That being said the bronco was direct competition to the scout and jeep back when and without a removable top the bronco just doesn't have a real niche (to me anyways, and I have had three bronco's and think they are just the coolest vehicles ever). But I would support the product line moving to Expedition, Bronco, Explorer, Edge, Escape (from biggest to smallest) with the Expedition and Bronco being the two models of traditional body on frame construction, but it won't happen.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it, minus the IFS, but this concept has been around for almost 10 years if I'm not mistaken.
it has been around for a while. It was unveiled at SEMA in that almost very same concept. Looks like a neat DD rig for sure, but given the TLCs demise, I don't see Ford jumping into production anytime soon.

Just out of curiosity DT? Why you no like IFS?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like an FJ Cruiser copy but Fords gotta do something.

gearheads.org_wp_content_uploads_2012_06_2015_Ford_Bronco.jpg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it has been around for a while. It was unveiled at SEMA in that almost very same concept. Looks like a neat DD rig for sure, but given the TLCs demise, I don't see Ford jumping into production anytime soon.

Just out of curiosity DT? Why you no like IFS?

IFS works well for 4wd when trucks driven on a daily basis and then get shifted into 4wd when the road is slippery. IFS really sucks when you want to run larger tires and wheel the crap out of your rig. Just doesn't hold up to real off roading.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
IFS works well for 4wd when trucks driven on a daily basis and then get shifted into 4wd when the road is slippery. IFS really sucks when you want to run larger tires and wheel the crap out of your rig. Just doesn't hold up to real off roading.

As a former Ultra4 codriver, I will have to severly disagree with you here. I've seen IFS buggies take rocks at speeds faster than some people are comfortable driving on the highway. Pre-runner and desert trucks have shown IFS flat out works. As far as straight axle rigs, there are very few factory built anymore.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

As a former Ultra4 codriver, I will have to severly disagree with you here. I've seen IFS buggies take rocks at speeds faster than some people are comfortable driving on the highway. Pre-runner and desert trucks have shown IFS flat out works. As far as straight axle rigs, there are very few factory built anymore.

I think you're both right, it's just a couple different types of off-roading with two distinct goals and technical requirements. Fast, pre-runner and baja stuff needs IFS with massive suspension travel for the high rate of speed and cushion. Rock racing in buggies can exploit IFS to keep the most number of wheels on the rocks, scaling the course with speed.

For the typical person building up their own production 4x4 into an off-road machine (like Moab, Rubcion), the SFA offers the greatest ease of and most forgiving service and durability. No front axle CV angles and such to worry about, etc.

I've owned a couple mild 4x4s (like most of us outdoors-ey types on the forum have) and am speaking from (admittedly limited) experience, and have owned the pros and cons of both. Again not to discredit anyone or act as an authority, but just fleshing out the differences between the two suspension setups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom