2015 Oklahoma Wildlife Expo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
The Oklahoma Wildlife Expo will celebrate its 10th anniversary next weekend at the Lazy E Arena and Ranch in Guthrie.

The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation didn't know the monster it was creating when the agency held the first one in 2005.“We only expected about 10,000 people to show up and we had 55,000," said Rhonda Hurst, a Wildlife Department employee who has been the coordinator for the Wildlife Expo each year. “We have averaged right around 50,000 the whole 10-year period.”

Even though it is now 10 years old, the Wildlife Expo still attracts people who want to learn about the outdoor way of life.

“Last year, 48 percent of the people who came had never been to the Expo before,” Hurst said. “We are getting people to come try things. We are getting people outdoors.”

http://newsok.com/article/5448126

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was already planning to take the family Saturday morning. My 4th grade son's school setup a field trip for Friday as well. It was a surprise and I think it's cool they are doing it. Looks like I get to go twice. We had a great time last year!

Latest posts

Top Bottom