2016 Deer Harvest Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's awesome, Okie! Congrats to you both. How'd she do on field dressing? I remember the first time I was tasked with it. lol

She did well! Had some good lights, McCrosky elk knife and an awesome coach, how could she go wrong! Lol She did fine, she took her time, the doe was probably only 90lbs so it was easy for her to handle. She's seen me dress one dozens of times so she dove right in a did a great job.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, she closed the deal!!!! We had a little mishap getting into the stand (the legs sunk in the mud and pulled came out of the lean to platform, and I fell off the ladder on the way up) which put us about 20 minutes later getting settled than I had planned. There was a light breeze until about 6, and then the mosquitoes got pretty intense. A young 7 point came in around 6:20 and then a doe right after. I told her if she wanted to shoot him it was up to her, but she wanted to wait on the big 8. I told her there was no guarantee he would show up, and she was ok with that. The feeder went off at 6:30 and scared the buck and doe off for a couple minutes, and when they came back to the feeder, they were watching to the north which is where the big 8 always comes from. Sure enough, he stepped out of the cedars at about 60 yards to our right. He had to walk behind another cedar to get out into the open, and it gave her time to get completely set up. He stopped again about 40 yards and then walked right on in. We had talked about the shot scenario, and he did exactly what I expected. He stopped again at 26 yards, and she let the bolt fly. There was the "thwack", and he walked about 5 steps over to where the 7 point was. They both stood there looking around like they were trying to figure out what happened. All of a sudden the big 8's legs quit working, and he stumbled into a cedar. He got back up barely and stumbled back toward our stand and fell within 20 yards of the ladder.
He gross scored right at 140 and weighed exactly 200 lbs field dressed.
Needless to say, she's very excited!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_8082.JPG
    IMG_8082.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom