2017 gun goals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats on your bucket list for 2017? Anything special on the list?

Im gonna finally try to scratch the single-shot rifle urge, and also something color case hardened....maybe both with the same rifle. Either an 1885 or No.1. I also want a Browning 1892 in 357.

I really dont have much else I want thats affordable so thats my reasonable goal.

Going crazy- semi auto M1918...but thats a ton of money for a gun that will probably he a safe queen....and getting close to AC556 territory.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No new guns for me, although I may dabble into a CC 9mm like a Glock 19 or that new CZ thats coming out.

My goals for 2017 are to improve shooting speed and accuracy with handguns and AR.
Develop hunting loads for 6.5x55 and 30-30.
Develop 1000 yard load for 6.5x55

Edit: I want to do another run n gun this summer and attend more USPSA matches (I think I went to 3 in 2016)

Last edited:

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whats on your bucket list for 2017? Anything special on the list?

Im gonna finally try to scratch the single-shot rifle urge, and also something color case hardened....maybe both with the same rifle. Either an 1885 or No.1. I also want a Browning 1892 in 357.

I really dont have much else I want thats affordable so thats my reasonable goal.

Going crazy- semi auto M1918...but thats a ton of money for a gun that will probably he a safe queen....and getting close to AC556 territory.

My "single shot urge" is now cured. A client (and friend) gave me a Pedersoli Sharps #3. Have not shot it yet ... but it is soooooo gorgeous. Highly recommend.

The 1918? That would be the pinnacle of coolness in a gun. That is something to have on the credenza as "art".

As to lever guns, thinking about getting a Taylors 1892. I have a Win 94 Trapper in 44mag that is really sweet but there is something drawing me to the 1892. Now if Henry were to make their "Original" in 44sp that would be in my safe. Seriously thinking of that in 45 Colt though.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to order an 8.5 AR pistol upper. Then, I am going to piece together an Aero Precision M5E1 308 as I can get the parts on sale.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will add I plan on doing more reloading and hunting. I got a full reloading setup and made some 38 and 45-70 but not much. Time to crank some ammo out and work up some loads for my long range gun.

I really want to shoot a deer with a load I created.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goals are to finally get a gun safe now that I have room to put one, start reloading again and buy a suppressor. After buying the safe, I'm pretty sure that I'll only be able to get a suppressor for my 22, but it'll be a start.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pare down the collection some and not go on a buying spree for S&W revolvers like I did in 2016. I saw so many that were such beautiful guns and bought more than I can keep, but in '17 going to narrow it down to a few and shoot them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom