2020 Dove Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too have been enjoying some good dove shoots but I would appreciate your suggestions. I am not very happy with the ear protection I have been using. Can't go with ear muffs...get in the way of gun stock. I don't think the old stand by foam ear plugs are not getting the job done. What am I going to do? Know what I mean huh.
Sorry I had to do that in previous post. I seem to have better luck with the plugs that have the plastic springy piece that applies some squeezing pressure.
Screenshot_20200917-113909_Samsung Internet.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I too have been enjoying some good dove shoots but I would appreciate your suggestions. I am not very happy with the ear protection I have been using. Can't go with ear muffs...get in the way of gun stock. I don't think the old stand by foam ear plugs are not getting the job done. What am I going to do? Know what I mean huh.

Son uses these....
Screenshot_20200917-135508_Samsung Internet.jpg

My daughter has used several versions of these over the years. They have the ability to open or close an opening on the end so you can hear without pulling the plugs. They reduce 24db and the red ones above reduce by 31db
Screenshot_20200917-135842_Samsung Internet.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have been using these Safariland ear plugs and they work great for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Impulse-Hearing-Protection-Medium/dp/B06W2NLFWY

The only time I didn't think they were enough was when I was at one of our indoor range ENS at Big Boys and the guy in the next stall was shooting an AR but everyone was flinching at that.

33dB maximum protection for sudden loud noises that measures ~165dB

13dB minimum continuous protection

Allows Normal conversations to be heard maintaining situational awareness

View attachment 174674

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom