2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 year old and I got started yesterday on ours. I’ve slowly added in the last few summers and this was another expansion. We had a small 4x4 box bed next to our raised bed. Ripped that out and just added another couple boards to make one big bed. I’ll get my lazy butt up here shortly and take a pic.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be rototilling my garden this coming weekend. I don't do a fall/winter crop so it's ready to be turned under and raked out. Going to try ordering my seeds this year. Will get asparagus crowns, onions and potatoes locally.

Not sure I'm ready to be humbled by some of these guys/gals gardens here on OSA!!

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be rototilling my garden this coming weekend. I don't do a fall/winter crop so it's ready to be turned under and raked out. Going to try ordering my seeds this year. Will get asparagus crowns, onions and potatoes locally.

Not sure I'm ready to be humbled by some of these guys/gals gardens here on OSA!!
If you find yourself around shawnee, shawnee feed and seed 177 and hardesty is a good place for seeds. I'll buy onion and potato sets there. Our asparagus came from etsy or Ebay as 2 year crowns. TSC will carry them in the near future. 2 year crowns will get you munching sooner.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heading to Okemah after work for a prescribed burn association meeting but don't think I could get to Shawnee feed before they close at 6. Might try though! Thanks for the heads up. Would much prefer to buy locally but last year's seeds from Chickasha seed co just didn't seem to germinate very well for several of us(not just me). Wanted to try a different source.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heading to Okemah after work for a prescribed burn association meeting but don't think I could get to Shawnee feed before they close at 6. Might try though! Thanks for the heads up. Would much prefer to buy locally but last year's seeds from Chickasha seed co just didn't seem to germinate very well for several of us(not just me). Wanted to try a different source.
That was said to be a widespread issue last year according to several yt channels.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It ain’t much but we sure enjoy it! 1BE64901-FF9F-4ED1-A280-23643E6ABE91.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom