2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m back in the land of internet and cell service and may make a full report of my adventures from the week, but for now, I’ll just share what culminated yesterday evening.
17 points with a rough gross score of 176.25”, and I forgot my scale but estimate from past experience that he weighed 250-275# live.
View attachment 516802
Sorry that you had to settle for the runt of the litter but he still oughta eat pretty good. :D

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m back in the land of internet and cell service and may make a full report of my adventures from the week, but for now, I’ll just share what culminated yesterday evening.
17 points with a rough gross score of 176.25”, and I forgot my scale but estimate from past experience that he weighed 250-275# live.
View attachment 516802
Holy freaking crap!!!!! What an amazing animal. Congratulations!!!!!

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 516802
What a beast! Congrats.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to tell this story, but the more I think about it the madder I get. My leaser neighbor to the east called me on Monday to ask if I was hunting this week and what I’d been seeing, and I told him I was and was kind of vague about what I have on camera. The guy hunts 1500 acres and sets up literally on my fence every year, so I’m careful what I tell him. He beat around the bush for a little while, and then he said I guess you’ve seen the buck with the third beam. I didn’t want to bald face lie to the guy, so I said yes. He proceeds to tell me how young the buck is and how we need to let him go for another year, but this is also the same guy that killed a 160 class 4 year old 10 point a couple years ago that my son and I had agreed to pass. It’s a free country, so I kept my opinion to myself.
Here’s my problem with the guy calling like he did. I don’t know if he legitimately thought the buck was young, or if he was attempting to play some Jedi mind trick to steer me away from him, so he or his hunting partner could shoot him. I’m leaning towards the latter.

I look at a lot of bucks on camera and am a fairly decent judge of age and usually score. If the guy really thought that buck was young (meaning under 5), he’s a moron, but I really just think he’s a lying sack of chit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom