2024 Health Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well ya'll, it's that time of year again.

they tried to raise my rates 6% but my company switched carriers. 120/mo for a single person....400/mo for a family....crazy

medicare must be nice

how ya'll looking this year?
Medicare is no different. When we get a cost of living increase, the insurance companies match it with a price increase.
Thank God we don't live off of SS as a sole source of income. I feel bad for the folks that do with this inflation.
When my wife retired early, she had to go to obummer care until she reached medicare age. It cost us $1100 a month for a $10,000 deductable policy.
Fawk the you can keep your doctor and keep your policy BS that the idiot mulatto in charge of this country espoused on this country to get that joke of a medical care passed.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medicare is no different. When we get a cost of living increase, the insurance companies match it with a price increase to match.
Thank God we don't live off of SS as a sole source of income. I feel bad for the folks that do with this inflation.

it's crazy when your cost of living increases are annihilated by health insurance costs...it seems like ever since Obamacare we've been in a health insurance death spiral....

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medicare is no different. When we get a cost of living increase, the insurance companies match it with a price increase.
When my wife retired early, she had to go to obummer care until she reached medicare age. It cost us $1100 a month for a $10,000 deductable policy.
Fawk the you can keep your doctor and keep your policy BS that the idiot mulatto in charge of this country espoused on this country to get that joke of a medical care passed.

1100 a month? 10k deductible? that's insane...might as well just take my chances and declare bankruptcy if anything major happen. might have to go the steve jobs route and try fruit juice

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At work I pay $140 biweekly for a higher deductible plan that allows me to contribute tax free to an hsa. I do $75 a check into that. I’ve got about $1,000 in there now and when I get to about $2,500 I’ll reduce that to $30 or so a check. Could be worse. Honestly this is some of the cheapest insurance I’ve had for the family in my working career. I just think our insurance model is a scam. But I’ll take it over socialized medicine any day

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220225-234624_MeWe-768x741-1.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well ya'll, it's that time of year again.

they tried to raise my rates 6% but my company switched carriers. 120/mo for a single person....400/mo for a family....crazy

medicare must be nice

how ya'll looking this year?
Damn! Grumpy is paying $500/pay period ... That's $1000/month! But that is better than what the state was taking when he worked for OHP. Even with the "insurance benefit" we were having to spend $1200/mo. to get basic coverage. It is insane. Doesn't help that Grumpy has pre-existing conditions. Guess I do too now. 👀 Damn tree. 😒

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! Grumpy is paying $500/pay period ... That's $1000/month! But that is better than what the state was taking when he worked for OHP. Even with the "insurance benefit" we were having to spend $1200/mo. to get basic coverage. It is insane. Doesn't help that Grumpy has pre-existing conditions. Guess I do too now. 👀 Damn tree. 😒
Living is a pre existing condition and using that as an excuse not to cover people was ******** from the beginning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom