.204 cleaning rod alturnatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing what works , a Tipton rod runs $35.00 . I am thinking about a pull thru coated cable type , I don't trust bore snakes .20 cal thin .
Does anyone use Otis cleaning kit for .20 cal . ? or cry once and buy the Tipton ??

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you, two. The flex cable would transport and have less chance of damage when on p.dog missions ...Just thinking aloud ....

I never had a need to clean my rifle when shooting Prairie Dogs. What I did do and still do no matter what I am doing is when done shooting I pull a dry bore snake through to knock out any loose debris and call it good.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a good proshot .17 cal cleaning rod and moved on. I'd rather have what I know works well. But when I go on a good prarie poodle trip I'll shoot enough that I have to clean guns at some point because my accuracy has started to deteriorate. And shooting a .17 fireball and .17 hornet they shoot better being fairly clean. Don't have a .204 anymore it was fun but I rebarrled it to .222 mag. After I eroded the throat saved the barrel to make a 20practical but haven't done it yet.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom