.22 Aguila Colibri Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Super Calibers all the time in my suppressed 10\22. Extremely quiet, will not cycle the bolt, pretty cool that you hear a nice "thump" when you hit a squirrel.

As they are short you need to clean before you try to use .22lr or you will get cases hanging up.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let my son shoot them in our back yard; I'm thinking they are a lot stronger than "3 pumps of a pellet rifle", I guess depending on what kind of pellet rifle. They'll smoke Starlings and Sparrows at shorter distances, I'm sure.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot a decent amount of Aguila .22 Colibri; they are primer-fired rounds (no powder), and are very quiet out of a pistol. I would suggest observing the warning on the box, and not firing them out of a rifle-length barrel. They won't cycle the action on a Walther P22, but they will dispatch mice quite nicely. Also, they leave an...odd...odor after firing. It's not exactly stinky (a friend used to shoot Egyptian 8mm blanks that must've been mostly camel dung--those stank to high heaven), but it is different from normal .22-caliber rounds.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let my son shoot them in our back yard; I'm thinking they are a lot stronger than "3 pumps of a pellet rifle", I guess depending on what kind of pellet rifle. They'll smoke Starlings and Sparrows at shorter distances, I'm sure.
Don't know about pellets, but three pumps of my old Daisy will spit a copper BB out at 458fps, four pumps gets 543, and eight pumps gets 681 (playing with a chrony in the back yard earlier this week). Wish I'd tried some pellets after all!

waylon12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for all the feed back. Im thinkin ill only use them in the revolvers, looks like I may be able to retire the Benjamin as the around the barn varmint go to.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't used the Colibri but the Super Colibri is one of my favorite .22LR rounds. Taught my daughter to shoot with these and her Savage Cub in the backyard. Like a mid power pellet gun. 500-600 fps through my chronograph. Can't tell you how many critters I've dispatched with this round. I panicked awhile back before the shortage when I was down to 2 bricks. I keep a Marlin bolt action ready to go in the garage for nuisance pests.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot them through a single shot .22 rifle before with no ill effects. They are quiet and will penetrade about 3-4in into a phonebook at close range. I think I have a partial box somewhere. I bought a box at bills about 11 years ago and the counter guy told me they were powered by compressed air. :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom