22 Hornet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloks4life

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to sound like an ass, but,would the 17 hmr work for you? $13 for 50rds is cheeeeaaap,unless you dont want a rimfire or want to shoot anything bigger than a sparrow at 200+:twocents:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 77/22 came with a world record bad trigger. Probably ten gritty pounds. Replaced sear and sear spring for about $30. Old sear obviously snuck past at least one finishing step, and old sear spring would make a good bedspring.

Now it's a very nice rifle. It's just a .22 LR, and I do not know if other offerings have had the problem, but Ruger triggers do not enjoy the greatest reputation. Try before you buy. CB

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ruger triggers are pretty bad. My MKII 270 got one with in the first 24 hours of ownership. But the new hawkeyes have what they are calling a LC6 trigger. My new 375 Ruger has it, and it seems to be pretty nice for a factory job.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was fascinated by .22 hornet for a while, then realized if I get a .223 bolt action, there are loads using Blue Dot and 800x to make low power loads. Then I can use cheap .223 brass, which I already have since I have the AR. Or, I could load it heavy for the kicks of it.

Kind of the same conclusion I came to.

CZ 527 in .223
:drool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom