.22 lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Remington ammo, be it centerfire or rimfire. Recently purchased three bulk Remington GB and it was 100% good to go. I was quite surprised in this era of ramped up production. With that said I am happy that Lapua and Norma are now making 221FB brass.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
What did they do to improve them? The majority of dud rounds in our ammo containers on the ranges is Remington brand.
Granted it may be older ammo getting shot up.

I'm not real sure what they changed. I noticed the "new and improved" on the bulk pack boxes late 2013 early 2014 when I would get them online. I still get a few duds, but greatly reduced. The one thing that didn't seem to change, was how pretty my fingers looked after loading mags. :(

Last time I went to shoot, I took one of the Federal Auto-Match 325 bulk packs and had at least one FTF, FTE or a dud round in almost every mag. It got to the point we stopped shooting 22LR and just left the rest for who ever showed up next. That surprised me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty much exclusive on Federal .22 ammo. Its just hands down the most reliable ammo for me out there. If I get one dud in a match, it could cost several places.

The CCI AR ammo designed for AR style rimfires seems to have some sort of lube or something left on the brass? Its sticky to the touch similar to case lube on my center fires if its not removed after loading.
Its unreliable in my Nordic NC-22 upper. Federal bulk just runs for me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had mini-mag like performance and reliability from the 40gr copper plated Aguila super extras, fwiw.

I need someplace to pick up some of that then, or CCI Mini Mags, in bulk.

I still haven't seen .22LR in the store in nearly 2 1/2 years. Except for 50 round boxes, limit 3, at Academy. Which really isn't worth my hassle unless I happen to be in there for something else, and even then, seldom any I want.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks but No thanks, junk in a cardboard box imo. I will go without or pay more for some quality.

I used to have problems with the Rem Golden bullet stuff but the "new" ammo seems okay to me. My GSG1911-22 and my M&P Compact 22 eat it up just fine. And; I can't believe it either but I walked into the Wally in Mustang the other day and there was Fed Auto Match bulk pack on the shelves; limit three. I bought my three!

Sent from my iPhone

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shawnee Walmart currently has federal target performance 325 rounds for $18.97. They have over 20 in stock as I write this. If anyone cares.
BrassBadger is down for more than a week now. :)
The beards can't use it find out who has stock and buy it all up.
Now they have to drive to every story and check for themselves.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a very long time since I saw .22LR ammo of any kind in the south BA Walmart. This last week, however, they've had several boxes of CCI shot shells - granted, it's not LRN, but still, the fact there was .22 ammo of any kind on the shelf was noteworthy. Not only that, but the boxes have been there at least a week! Could better times be around the corner?

Latest posts

Top Bottom