• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 22 Magnum derringer/revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Good afternoon everyone!

So I’m in the midst of the massive 22 long rifle ammo comparison and testing, and it got me thinking, maybe I’ll do the same in 22 magnum! However, the smallest barreled 22 mag I have is my PMR30, which isn’t exactly compact.

So, I’m looking for a compact sized 22 magnum. Something reasonably priced (like those Davis/cobras or even a good priced NAA, maybe even a thunderstruck if the price was right) etc. not looking to break the bank as the ammo cost alone for these projects is absurd given their broad broad range of tested ammo, and 22 mag will be about 5 times the price of 22LR.

Either way, I’ll make sure and post the completed massive word docs on the forum once I finish both projects so yall can get the benefit of the data without the time and ammo cost! Haha

If you have anything that may fit the bill let me know! Message me on here or at 4058212160 and we can go from there.

Located in norman.

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
Good afternoon everyone!

So I’m in the midst of the massive 22 long rifle ammo comparison and testing, and it got me thinking, maybe I’ll do the same in 22 magnum! However, the smallest barreled 22 mag I have is my PMR30, which isn’t exactly compact.

So, I’m looking for a compact sized 22 magnum. Something reasonably priced (like those Davis/cobras or even a good priced NAA, maybe even a thunderstruck if the price was right) etc. not looking to break the bank as the ammo cost alone for these projects is absurd given their broad broad range of tested ammo, and 22 mag will be about 5 times the price of 22LR.

Either way, I’ll make sure and post the completed massive word docs on the forum once I finish both projects so yall can get the benefit of the data without the time and ammo cost! Haha

If you have anything that may fit the bill let me know! Message me on here or at 4058212160 and we can go from there.

Located in norman.
I have a NAA and an older .22 Mag High Standard I am not sure I want to sell them but I would loan them to you for sure just to hear your data :-)

Attachments

• 22 magnum.jpeg
    22 magnum.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 22 mag.jpg
    22 mag.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I’d be more than willing to do that if I can’t find another solution for sure! I actually am doing the 22Lr testing in the 22 lr version of that NAA. The kinetic energy with 22lr in a barrel so tiny are truly hilarious. Haha.

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
I’d be more than willing to do that if I can’t find another solution for sure! I actually am doing the 22Lr testing in the 22 lr version of that NAA. The kinetic energy with 22lr in a barrel so tiny are truly hilarious. Haha.
Just let me know I am in Ada Oklahoma but I am squirrely around the state. I go to Tulsa and OKC fairly often just goofing off

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
We had a member on here considering a .22 mag derringer as a carry gun.
I have a Davis derringer in .22 mag so I ran some ammo across my Chrono. 900fps was the best I could get with the ammo I had.
Pretty anemic performance from a short barrel, but the fireball was impressive!

Latest posts

Top Bottom