.22 TCM Cartridge (New 1911 from Armscor)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have ya'll seen this? Armscor developed this new round which is basically 9mm diameter case necked down to .223. Armscor claim they can take a 40gr bullet and send it out of a 5" barrel at 2100 fps. Wow! Not too much info out there on it right now, but I'm definitely intrigued. Ballistically it should outperform the FN 5.7×28mm. I haven't been able to find any concrete ballistic data yet.

Thoughts?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/foghorn/ria-introduces-first-production-22-tcm-firearm/

i1016.photobucket.com_albums_af282_rwb1500_328e4071.jpg

i1016.photobucket.com_albums_af282_rwb1500_2ee97cec.jpg

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed the folks at SARCO about 2 months ago to ask about it because I saw it in their ad and was intrigued - the available date has been bumped SEVERAL times. I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen. Last time I checked the ammo isn't available either, not even on the AMSCOR site. If they ever get them out on the market it might be neat, the pistol comes with 2 barrels: 22TCM & 9mm.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading American Handgunner yesterday, the Jan/Feb 2012 issue (from the future! Stupid magazine dates...), and there was an article on this. Fred Craig is working with Arsmcor to have the Micro-Mag pistol produced by a factory. The article had nothing but positive things to say about the gun and ammo. You can get access to the digital version of the article on the American Handgunner website.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I have to resurrect this old thread because the more I research this cartridge, the more I like it. It seems the harder I try to find fault with it, the more elusive finding any fault becomes.

[video=youtube_share;7UZWRsUXZWc]http://youtu.be/7UZWRsUXZWc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;SEn2c4LFtEk]http://youtu.be/SEn2c4LFtEk[/video]

I have no personal real world experience with .22 TCM(or the firearms chambered for it), though, so anyone with real world input would be greatly appreciated before adding a new centerfire caliber to my firearms collection.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 5 inch Rock Island m1911 in the .22 TCM/9mm combo. I've only fired around 50 rds of .22 TCM thru the gun. The last time I shot it in .22 TCM trim, the slide failed to go all the way into battery. I was unable to urge it forward, then I dropped the mag and found that the slide wouldn't move forward or back. I finally placed the nose of the slide against a bench and gave the grip frame a solid whack with the heel of my hand. Something came flying out--maybe two somethings, but my eye was drawn to the larger of the two pieces--which turned out to be the fired case. The other piece may have been the primer, because when I examined the case, the primer was not there. It was very hot that day, and the ammo had been sitting on the bench in direct sunlight for some time (ammo used was factory Armscor 40 grn JHP). Perhaps the heat contributed to the over-pressure issue, but, in any event, I have shot the gun only in 9 mm trim since then.

Merc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Armscorp came out with this over a year ago and is out there. The typhoon that that hit the Phillipines really messed up the lead times. The rifle fps is higher, but only seen in bolt or break open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom