.22 TCM Cartridge (New 1911 from Armscor)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
The rifle fps is higher, but only seen in bolt or break open.

Who is making a break open rifle chambered for this round?

I like how the RIA bolty accepts the 17 round doublestack 22 TCM/9MM magazines, I just wish they offered a factory compact/carbine length model equipped with iron sights and swivel studs.

The different POI of different calibers notwithstanding, it'd be really cool if RIA could design a rifle like the one I described above in a takedown combo caliber(.22 TCM/9MM) configuration(where switching out calibers were as easy as taking down a 10/22 takedown model) like they have done with their 1911 platform .22TCM/9MM combo pistol.

Come to think of it, I'd really like to see RIA chamber a .22 TCM caliber model of their M200 revolver, too.

Last edited:

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd read that the MVs were more in the mid - upper 1800's FPS, but it's a neat concept and with the availability of .223 brass, Lee and Hornady forming dies and .22 Cal bullets for mid velocity rifles, it would really be a blast to shoot... A TC Contender barrel would be fun as well.

50 yd Coyote pistol, If the shooter could do his part.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
it's a neat concept and with the availability of .223 brass, Lee and Hornady forming dies and .22 Cal bullets for mid velocity rifles, it would really be a blast to shoot.

https://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=TCM0

It does seem that from an economic standpoint, reloading certainly works in the favor of this cartridge, but as for the price and availability of off the shelf factory ammo, not so much.

I guess when you consider how outrageously expensive and unavailable .22 WMR continues to be, the .22 TCM factory ammo starts to seem like a pretty good value by comparison, all things considered.

God help us all if this is the new standard for valuing ammo prices and availability.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom