2nd nurse with Ebola called CDC before boarding flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On top of all that, those guidelines are just that ... guidelines. I'm one of many, many people whose "normal" temperature is several tenths of a degree below what is considered normal. I can be running a temperature, and actually feel pretty crappy and have a "normal" temperature.

I understand that that is not really uncommon because "normal" anything is just the range in which MOST people fall ...

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
common sense should have prevailed here. If she hadn't had contact with the guy, she woulda been fine flying. ppl fly all the time sick as dogs.

the common sense part was that she knew she had contact with ebola dude (high risk) and then flew. that inner voice kicked in when she called the CDC.

dumb is as dumb does.

where was she flying that was so damned important anyways? jesus man.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On top of all that, those guidelines are just that ... guidelines. I'm one of many, many people whose "normal" temperature is several tenths of a degree below what is considered normal. I can be running a temperature, and actually feel pretty crappy and have a "normal" temperature.

I understand that that is not really uncommon because "normal" anything is just the range in which MOST people fall ...

This 100%.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like she had her suspicions that she may have had it and tried to call for help and was ignored. Then went to the best place she could for help cause the people she called were sitting on their hands doing nothing to help.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stupid is as stupid does ... how could a trained nurse that just go through treating an Ebola patient that just died and a fellow nurse that just contracted Ebola ... NOT know her fever was a possible symptom for Ebola?

she was concerned enough to call CDC .. sorry but the person at CDC that answered the call was a moron along with the 2nd nurse. who had NO conscience about possibly infecting her parents along with the public she traveled with.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
things are bad but predictions of cases doubling every three weeks has not materialized
places like Nigeria and Congo obviously are doing things right as their new Ebola cases has leveled off

[Broken External Image]

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
things are bad but predictions of cases doubling every three weeks has not materialized
places like Nigeria and Congo obviously are doing things right as their new Ebola cases has leveled off

[Broken External Image]

Very true. However it's relatively easy to quarantine a community of grass huts vs a modern city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom