2WD or 4x4??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Enjoy your 4x4, they get going but don't stop like they start. My little 4x2 with some chains does a crapTON better at that.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I need 4x4 to get somewhere, I'm staying home. It's not because the drive wheels make a difference, it's because I don't want to deal with the jackholes in jacked-up 4x4s and AWD Lesbarus who think they can go anywhere at any speed on any surface.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the pictures and animations (gifs?) that go with these threads. I've driven pickups for years that let me select berween 4x2 and 4x4. I just use 4x4 when I feel I need it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 4x4, AWD/4x4, 2WD-RWD, and 2WD-FWD vehicles at our house to choose from for whatever fits the job its needed for. Some days require a truck or a SUV or a 4x4 or a car. To each their own tho, everyone here is different and uses something different to get by with because the best choice is what works for you.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my car magazines said a fwd with winter tires is better than a 4wd with all season tires.

Only if they are true, dedicated winter tires like Blizzaks or studded tires. And they need to be on all 4 wheels. I had an old Dodge Omni back in the early 90's in Anchorage with studs and it would go everywhere. It was a front wheel drive car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom