357 Magnum Lever action Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought spire points would self detonate the primers in front of them in tube magazines?

This has already been tested, and is more myth than truth. Granted there is recoil, but not enough to set off the cartridge in front or behind.

Yes I do have a Marlin 1894c that seems to love just about anything she's been fed.

Last edited:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion,,,, Handloaded some spire style bullets for the 30-30 years ago... but never was brave to load 5 in the tube... but it worked ok with 2. I cannot cite the source from memory... but someone at least once got a blown up magazine

To get enough inertia to strike a primer you would probably have to strike the gun butt on pavement hard.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Rossi and love the little thing. I load FTX bullets and using rifle specific loads I'm able to get over 2000fps from 16" barrel - just make sure not to mix 'em with handgun ammo.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which of the readily available (i.e., NOT special-order) lever-actions in .357 would be the best-made / most reliable? I've had a hankering for such a rifle for years, but know little to nothing about the different makes/models.

They don't make lever-actions in 9mm or .45 ACP, do they? Now that would be something I'd want to snag, having a stock of ammo in those calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom