.357 Sig Barrel for the P229 - Yes or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 357 sig rounds I bought cheaper than I can buy 9mm for now. You can find deals out there, you just have to look. It is fun to shoot, I have both barrels in my 226, but keep the 357 sig barrel in all the time (except at the range). Its range of capabilities are so much greater than anything else out there. I can make it perform like a 9mm with the right load and bullet or make it do what no other round can with the right load and bullet.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 357 sig rounds I bought cheaper than I can buy 9mm for now. You can find deals out there, you just have to look. It is fun to shoot, I have both barrels in my 226, but keep the 357 sig barrel in all the time (except at the range). Its range of capabilities are so much greater than anything else out there. I can make it perform like a 9mm with the right load and bullet or make it do what no other round can with the right load and bullet.

I haven't been finding any deals on 357 SIG. Would you mind sharing your secret spots??

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been finding any deals on 357 SIG. Would you mind sharing your secret spots??

My last large purchase was from a local ffl who had bought 20000 rounds of overstocked bulk boxes. That was before the current ammo scare, but 5k rounds last a long time. I gave $175 per 1k. My last SD rounds purchased was WWB JHP 50 round box for $16.50 of the internet. 500 rd min. All of this brass cased. The bulk stuff is pretty dirty but the sig eats it like candy, I just have to clean it good after each range trip. Something I do anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom