Radical Firearms RF-15... worthy of $500?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly I would buy a parts kit and a receiver from PSA. You can get complete rifles in the same price range. You WILK get a better firearm. If you build you also learn the inner workings of your rifle. At first it seems a bit intimidating, but is not really harder than a Lego kit.

My first build I gathered the materials, set aside a day to build my AR...and was done in about 45 minutes. Last one I did was around 15.
BS! It takes that long just to find the front detent spring again!:grumble::rotflmao:
PSA sends you 2.

Protip: hold it in with a razor blade when you push the pin

And...I've never actually found a lost spring...

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m gonna side with hillside on this. What concerns me about companies like radical and others is that they’re trying to remain competitive in the bargain AR market. With smaller companies, they have to keep things cheaper by reducing quality/qc. It turns into a race towards the bottom. Palmetto state on the other hand keeps their prices low due to their immense economy of scale and owning the entire manufacturing process, rather than outsourcing or buying something from someone else. Yeah, some of their stuff isn’t super high quality, but for the most part, it’s all very usable and will work well for most people.

If I were building a super affordable AR I would buy a PSA lower with an adjustable Buttstock and a PSA upper. Doing this separately saves you a few bucks, as there is a “whole firearm” tax I believe.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/complete-psa-ar15-lower-moe-edition-fde.html
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...er-with-bcg-ch-mbus-sight-set-5165447592.html
That puts you at roughly the same price as the radical, but you also get usable folding iron sights with it.

The next things I would buy:

JP trigger spring kit: $5 or less

No less than 6 magazines, more is better. Magpul, brownells, D&H, Colt, or Elander are my preferred. BCM sells their mags for cheap occasionally and are good.

Optic: I would buy something you’ll use. Maybe slap a scope you have laying around on it. Or get a red dot. For affordable yet durable, I would buy holosun.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m gonna side with hillside on this. What concerns me about companies like radical and others is that they’re trying to remain competitive in the bargain AR market. With smaller companies, they have to keep things cheaper by reducing quality/qc. It turns into a race towards the bottom. Palmetto state on the other hand keeps their prices low due to their immense economy of scale and owning the entire manufacturing process, rather than outsourcing or buying something from someone else. Yeah, some of their stuff isn’t super high quality, but for the most part, it’s all very usable and will work well for most people.

If I were building a super affordable AR I would buy a PSA lower with an adjustable Buttstock and a PSA upper. Doing this separately saves you a few bucks, as there is a “whole firearm” tax I believe.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/complete-psa-ar15-lower-moe-edition-fde.html
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...er-with-bcg-ch-mbus-sight-set-5165447592.html
That puts you at roughly the same price as the radical, but you also get usable folding iron sights with it.

The next things I would buy:

JP trigger spring kit: $5 or less

No less than 6 magazines, more is better. Magpul, brownells, D&H, Colt, or Elander are my preferred. BCM sells their mags for cheap occasionally and are good.

Optic: I would buy something you’ll use. Maybe slap a scope you have laying around on it. Or get a red dot. For affordable yet durable, I would buy holosun.

I saw somewhere selling pmags for $7.77 today!

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s at the exchange for that price I would buy it, I don’t remember what the return policy is but they don’t typically stock junk.

There is a couple of “Radical Firearm” brands, one of which is a Turkish gun company that probably isn’t helping the other radical ratings.

But if you don’t want to build, I would say go for it and learn what you can from the low price, do some research on what type of components they use to build their brand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom