39m

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After waiting and watching for a LONG time, I got a so-so deal on a 1975 vintage Marlin original golden 39m a couple of weeks ago. Haven't shot it yet or even taken pictures. Ordered a Williams receiver sight for it but when the sight arrived, I found they had packaged the wrong screws to attach it. New screws on the way. When I get it set up I'll post a pic or two. Will make a nice companion to my late-70's Single Six. That's what I was after anyway. Building a small collection of long guns and hand guns in the same caliber.

coorsman_ok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome. Can't wait to see pics. I have a 60's single six and a 60's marlin 41 take down lever action in a showcase together along with a period correct box of Remington .22 LR shells and a CASE mdl 110 from the 60's. It makes a good looking presentation in the case. Those old .22's can get addicting!!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about a model 39 which is prior to a 39m or 39a?

Not sure what you are asking but here is a little light reading. All of these .22 lever Marlins are cool in my book!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin_Model_Golden_39A

The model was changed to 39a a long time ago.

Mine is an "Original Golden 39M" and does not say Mountie anywhere on it. Basically mine is a post-Mountie but folks still call them that.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I am saying is that I own a model 39 which was purchased in the 1930's by my father. I grew up shooting with that rifle and it still is a very accurate rifle. It is a take down model with no safety. I appreciate the Wikipedia site you posted. That confirmed when my dad purchased the rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom