3D printable 75 round drum for the AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...rintable-75-round-drum-magazine-ar-15-rifles/

As 3D printing becomes more mainstream and accessible, it’s no wonder that more and more gun parts are being designed to be printed on a standard 3D printer. Specifically those gun parts that keep gun control activists up at night fearing for the future. Today’s new 3D printable part is a 75 round drum magazine designed in the style of the old Romanian AK magazines but compatible with the AR-15 rifle. Needless to say, this completely circumvents any magazine restrictions that certain governments have instituted and allows a private citizen to print their own extremely high capacity magazine from the comfort of their own home. Suck on THAT, Feinstein. Semi-presser after the jump . .

CAD files available at this link
http://forums.defcad.com/showthread...l)-AR-15-75-Round-5-56mm-Drum-Magazine&p=6039

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok.......three bundles of printer paper,three sets of scissors, 17 razor blades 114 bandaids for paper cuts, and a whole jar of gorilla glue later and mine won't even fit in the mag well!!!!!!!!!!

Pfffffffffft printable...........

: )

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always seeing all of these cool 3d printed projects, but what I can't figure out is how people can afford the printers. They start out at around $2000. That's at least a couple of guns for me.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always seeing all of these cool 3d printed projects, but what I can't figure out is how people can afford the printers. They start out at around $2000. That's at least a couple of guns for me.

Word.
But I suppose after a few in-the-dark mags and receivers, maybe you end up breaking even. The cool factor may be worth it too. I bet we could buy a community printer if everyone pitched in. :)

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you are pricing the printer don't forget to price the consumables. Work had a $45,000 printer. I spent twice that on consumables in the first year and I was just running the printer part time. The printer are cheap compared to the consumables.

Latest posts

Top Bottom