• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

410 for grandson to hunt with

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
One thing about learning to shoot with a .410 single shot is that when you finally learn to let the birds/animals get in close .410 range before shooting it makes you into a better shotgun shooter down the road when graduating to a bigger shotgun. Your not a sky buster.
The .410 is an actual caliber vs a gauge as you probably already know.
The only gun I owned until reaching the 30 something age group was a H&R single shot shotgun in .410. Killed tons of dove, rabbit and quail with that gun that I still own.
A half dozen of my cousins that I introduced to hunting used that gun as well as their loaner/starter. They have all progressed into pretty good wing shooters for the most part.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
One thing about learning to shoot with a .410 single shot is that when you finally learn to let the birds/animals get in close .410 range before shooting it makes you into a better shotgun shooter down the road when graduating to a bigger shotgun. Your not a sky buster.
The .410 is an actual caliber vs a gauge as you probably already know.
The only gun I owned until reaching the 30 something age group was a H&R single shot shotgun in .410. Killed tons of dove, rabbit and quail with that gun that I still own.
A half dozen of my cousins that I introduced to hunting used that gun as well as their loaner/starter. They have all progressed into pretty good wing shooters for the most part.
Single shot 410 is usually a full choke. Its actually harder because of the tighter pattern. You get better down the road when graduating cause of a better choke usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom