.416 remington ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might give a shout out in the rifle section.
That there is not a middle of the road round.
Not much in Oklahoma would require a howitser like that.

bigdlong

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to know that I wasnt the only one out here that shoots guns like the .416 . Most people I know dont shoot anything bigger than a .308 , and they think a 7mm Mag is a big gun . haha

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been shooting a 416 since before Remington brought out the standardized 416. A gunsmith in Dayton Ohio built a wildcat for me by necking up my 8 m/m Mag cases to 416. He also cut a set of dies for me. A year or so later, he called me and suggested I try some (factory)416 rounds in the chamber. I tried them and they chambered and extracted with ease. After verifying all the dimensions, we fired the factory rounds in my rifle. They were perfect and I hunted Alaska for years with that rifle. When I moved to OK, a friend adopted it. I have since aquired another .416 and will probably always have it. Just in case I need to assault a MacK truck! I load for it and will continue to do so.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a .416 Rigby which is close enough by my standards. While large around here in many parts of the world it really would be considered a middle of the road load.

Evan

Latest posts

Top Bottom