45 long colt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRSNINER

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys just starting to load for this caliber. I am looking for some bullets.452 in diameter that are fmj, have found a few that are hadrcast but thats it. Lots of 451 available would these work? Any help would be great.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will probably *work* but no telling what you may get for accuracy.

FMJ 45's are generally intended to be made up as ACP rounds. Those .451 ball bullets may make OK plinkers out of a 45 Colt.

I'd invest a little time...measure my chambers and slug my bore... and order a mold that works best with the gun I owned. Cast lead bullets of the correct weight and diameter will usually give the best, uniform results. That's why we handload, right?

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys just starting to load for this caliber. I am looking for some bullets.452 in diameter that are fmj, have found a few that are hadrcast but thats it. Lots of 451 available would these work? Any help would be great.

So why the FMJ? Speer 200 and Hornday still make 240/250 JHP for the 45C
and Rainer plated 250 RN at .452Ø

If FMJ is all you want look at the 230 FMJRN for the ACP at .452Ø they'll work
just fine

DRSNINER

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'll prbably go with lead I'm loading these for a friend who has a case of lead-fobia. The cost of HCRN as opposed to FMJ is staggering. I shoot 230 HCRN in my 1911&P90 all the time a little more smoke but lots of fun and lots cheaper. Happy New Year to all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom