458 socom.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My SIL likes his and I’m always keeping my eyes peeled for a complete upper. I’m not an AR guy and while I have one I never shoot I think that might change if it was a .458.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it's certainly fun to shoot --- if you reload to keep the price down. So I wouldn't say it's pointless......

This. I had an AR upper chambered for .50 Beowulf. It was a hoot to shoot, but man, I kept hearing a cash register every time I pulled the trigger. Since I don’t like the process of reloading, I sold it.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about done building my first...it's in "final assembly" stage.

Reloading or not, it's not really a caliber you go plinking thousands of rounds with. Yeah it's expensive to shoot but idk anybody who would just go run dualing trees with one.

405curtis

Marksman
Reaction score
This. I had an AR upper chambered for .50 Beowulf. It was a hoot to shoot, but man, I kept hearing a cash register every time I pulled the trigger. Since I don’t like the process of reloading, I sold it.
Kind of considering doing the same. Iv tried trading it a few Times here with no luck... didn't seem like anyone actually had interest in 458...

405curtis

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm about done building my first...it's in "final assembly" stage.

Reloading or not, it's not really a caliber you go plinking thousands of rounds with. Yeah it's expensive to shoot but idk anybody who would just go run dualing trees with one.
Do u reload? Or buy ? Where do u get 458 from? Iv been curious about midway iv seen they have 458 at about 2.60 per rd..

405curtis

Marksman
Reaction score
My SIL likes his and I’m always keeping my eyes peeled for a complete upper. I’m not an AR guy and while I have one I never shoot I think that might change if it was a .458.
I'm definitely interested in trading my 458. 2.60 per round doesn't peak my interest and I don't have land or really know anyone with more then 5 acres to feed the demon..

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shot some does with mine. Definitely a novelty item imo. 325gr Hornady red tips will devastate any doe though lol. I've only reloaded, never bought any factory. I've got hundreds and hundreds of .458 bullets for other cartridges so I figured I might as well venture out and try a SOCOM a few years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom